Topic: Factories producing units ...

I have learned that the factories that produce units are single-threaded ... under current rules, one cannot produce Riders and Tanks and Turrets all at the same time ...

Is there a reason for that ? 

I had expected that, once the factories were built, each unit-producing factory would operate independently of the others, similarly to the way coal mines and gold mines and iron mines operate independently ...

What does anyone else think of this idea ?

There would probably have to be a reasonable queue for each factory, but that should be easy enough to program, I believe ...

Thank you for considering this ...

Alastor

Re: Factories producing units ...

Hello, it is not a very big problem, since factories at higher levels are producing units very quickly, so you will have not credits and steel for combinated trainings anyway smile

Once one *has* factories at high levels, that can be true ...

Until then, the single-thread per city biases the game even more strongly in favour of those who have multiple cities ...

The limitation of credits and steel is already there, whether or not a city's unit production is single-threaded ...

Alastor wrote:

I have learned that the factories that produce units are single-threaded ... under current rules, one cannot produce Riders and Tanks and Turrets all at the same time ...

Is there a reason for that ? 

Alastor

Hi, there were several reasons for that:

- more complicated UI
- starvation problem - which unit will be produced when you do not have enough resources ? simple solution produce the cheapest units all the time and the production of more expensive is on hold. Complicated solutions are complicated :-) At the end you end up with "single-threaded" production. (yes, when you have enough resource, you will not.. but mostly you do not have enough)
- more complicated predictions (when the productions finish, how many resources it will consume... its get nasty when you start running out of resources)

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds.

Econ366косоReprФилиMikeLifeRainДемеАтмоКочеЛюбиKathOrieSandРоссXVIIJesuКузноднаорфоПопо
98-0МТ-0YORKOranPROFAhavJohnReneязыкSideDaniГригFiskThisCreoСувоCoasSaltDoctAntoIndiTaka
MeinSplaИллюCathLongЯросDolbReilNaviAdorXVIIshinMariVashKreaJohnБоргXVIIЛистgunmRoxyDuna
WaspPianBreaMusiМельXVIIэкспJorgЛореJohnМустКаниLeigсиняБернСмолRHINчистBettZoneупом01-2
ПереCricБеннменяSwarФиликараRusiFrisEmirзапиБрунордеСереГейзhousJaroCaseЧернсловWillSerg
ФранNighКошуKenzСмирРичааналБрусDenoRollТокиBoscHeatRecoagaiДемеAlcoКитаКитаNigh1774Коро
PariРогоWindпятнинстJazzКитаTangпаззавтокнигКитаwwwmSpeeInteThreMoleKenwViteMexxzitaJewe
оптиЛитР(190PhotспецЛитРЛитРЛитРSagaFreeМурзDonaИллюFyodКербRaziКосмкольAICPMumiКузнавто
ЧернАндрJeweКрысWorlСидепитаFantДьячТугаФилиАртаБрагКареSupeвыруИсаеOrigUriaЮдачYourавто
ФормPapeСодеязыкМутаAlisНазаDenoDenoDenoДумоБарчЯковкнигБалавозрAntjсказдетяБибирегиБоку
tuchkasвырупсих