Topic: battle tactics

A Berellium mine was being attacked by 1200 GSA plasma walkers so i sent out 20000 missle  riders.
Well they shot twice but not once were the any where near the walker.
I though at least the game would be advanced enough to make these guys approach the walker within its no fring zone so as not to get it's ass kicked... but no. It stayed at it's firing limit.
Any mod coming up on that ?

Re: battle tactics

Hello, I afraid I dont understand the point, but if "It stayed at it's firing limit. ", then you can just move your unit out of it wink

He probably want, to the units automaticky move near to the walkers and stay under their attack range :-)

Infinitum hraji od C2. Dále jsem hrál  C4, C7, C9, E1, B2, I1, I5, I6. Bývalý člen Českých rytířů, nyní vůdce a zakladatel CSL
Moje motto: ,,The Rains of Castamere´´ Kdo nechápe, má smůlu :-)
I play infinitum since 2012. i was in worlds C2, C4, C7, C9, E1, B2, I1, I5, I6. Formal member of alliance ,,Čeští rytíři´´. Now i am a leader of ,,Československá legie´´
My motto: ,,The Rains of Castamere´´

Trolan wrote:

He probably want, to the units automaticky move near to the walkers and stay under their attack range :-)

Riders behave like that, if you command them to attack and chase walkers.

yes, but only if you are here. and give a command :-)
not automatic

Infinitum hraji od C2. Dále jsem hrál  C4, C7, C9, E1, B2, I1, I5, I6. Bývalý člen Českých rytířů, nyní vůdce a zakladatel CSL
Moje motto: ,,The Rains of Castamere´´ Kdo nechápe, má smůlu :-)
I play infinitum since 2012. i was in worlds C2, C4, C7, C9, E1, B2, I1, I5, I6. Formal member of alliance ,,Čeští rytíři´´. Now i am a leader of ,,Československá legie´´
My motto: ,,The Rains of Castamere´´

What he is saying is...

If you are away, and a stack with longer range hits your shorter ranger stack (lets example walkers vs tanks) your shorter ranger stack will sit and take the hit.  It would be logical that the unit logic should atleast try to chase the unit attacking it.

Tyger wrote:

What he is saying is...

If you are away, and a stack with longer range hits your shorter ranger stack (lets example walkers vs tanks) your shorter ranger stack will sit and take the hit.  It would be logical that the unit logic should atleast try to chase the unit attacking it.

How far? GSA is doing it and pulling is favourite strategy how to deal with it. Could be even harmfull.

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds.

Tyger wrote:

What he is saying is...

To go into more depth: it seems logical to have your units fight back, but we need to consider this from more angles. Imagine your unit group is guarding a POI. Enemy comes, attacks one of your units, the unit chases him away from the rest and is destroyed by more waiting enemies (this works for GSA camps, but they all go, the only advantage is you lure them away from the turret). This way, enemy would be able to pull all your units one by one. It would probably feel like a bug too...