Topic: accountants in London

Hello there everybody, I'm not an understudy any longer but rather have been reading these gatherings as of late about professions. I'm having a bit of an "emergency" with my profession right now and not certain where I ought to go straightaway.. was hoping for some counsel/opinion.

I'm right now earning £50k in a 9-5 occupation in the private medium-sized organization division accountants in London. 2 years post qualified ACA, trained with top20 review firm, not first time elapses.

In the beginning, it was distressing as needed to manage month-end deadlines, preposterous merchants, and so on however presently I've subsided into the job it's simpler and I've climbed as far as the real work, doing additional interesting things.

The hours are incredible and I'm not in the least focused. Have 1 and a half hours lunch most days, leave spots on 5 even at month-end, partners are for the most part pleasant.

I feel like I ought to be happy with it yet a lot of my school companions went into medicine and law and despite the fact that they appear to be significantly more worried I wagered they're earning £70k+ at this point.

I was certainly not an incredible understudy (didn't get into a top uni) and kind of fell into doing what I'm doing not normal for my companions who went to oxford/Cambridge and were truly ambitious..... yet, generally a similar I'm wondering on the off chance that I should point higher, attempt to get more cash.

at the point when I was doing ACA I needed to get into a bank or something yet I suck at numeracy tests/evaluation focuses so needed to "settle" for my present job.

So simply needed your opinion on here about on the off chance that I ought to simply be content with my work or am I taking the path of least resistance? I'm 27 and in some cases, I think in the event that I don't buckle down now when am I going to?