Topic: Celebration server CHANGELOG

Premium for free for the duration of the entire server.
All six cities for free.
Double production of Beryllium from Beryllium Mine.

More attractive riders and skimmers.
Option to effectively defend the farms at the beginning of the server.
Faster fortification and unfortification processes.

Riders:
To unfortify 30s (down from 240s)
To fortify 120s (down from 180s)
Fortified range 0-3

Tanks:
To fortify 240s (down from 480s)

Skimmers:
To unfortify 150s (down from 180s)
To fortify 30s (down from 240s)
Fortified range 4-7

Walkers:
To fortify 90s (down from 180s)

Equal GSA strength on every fortress without distinction.

Re: Celebration server CHANGELOG

Sounds good. I know I brought this up before, but I think that there is a distinct disadvantage that you start the server in the middle of the day for us North Americans. I understand your point that a few hours do not matter for player rankings, but the argument remains that Czech alliances will have first pick of cities while we will be regulated to unfavorable spots on the map by the time we can get on the game. Perhaps we can have a compromise that will change the time the server starts to a bit later, at least for future servers since it is an advantage for them.

In addition, the fact that the GSA daily happens at the same time everyday inconveniences us as well, we cannot just leave work to defend EVERY DAY, maybe another compromise for this could be reached?

Otherwise, good work on a great game and thanks for this celebratory server. Keep up the good work. smile

Re: Celebration server CHANGELOG

canuck88 wrote:

Sounds good. I know I brought this up before, but I think that there is a distinct disadvantage that you start the server in the middle of the day for us North Americans. I understand your point that a few hours do not matter for player rankings, but the argument remains that Czech alliances will have first pick of cities while we will be regulated to unfavorable spots on the map by the time we can get on the game. Perhaps we can have a compromise that will change the time the server starts to a bit later, at least for future servers since it is an advantage for them.

In addition, the fact that the GSA daily happens at the same time everyday inconveniences us as well, we cannot just leave work to defend EVERY DAY, maybe another compromise for this could be reached?

Otherwise, good work on a great game and thanks for this celebratory server. Keep up the good work. smile

We will think about it, if there will play 5 active North American alliances wink Now ratio of active Europeans and Americans is 10:1 I will say, so there is no reason to do it at this very moment wink

Re: Celebration server CHANGELOG

canuck88 wrote:

Sounds good. I know I brought this up before, but I think that there is a distinct disadvantage that you start the server in the middle of the day for us North Americans. I understand your point that a few hours do not matter for player rankings, but the argument remains that Czech alliances will have first pick of cities while we will be regulated to unfavorable spots on the map by the time we can get on the game. Perhaps we can have a compromise that will change the time the server starts to a bit later, at least for future servers since it is an advantage for them.

In addition, the fact that the GSA daily happens at the same time everyday inconveniences us as well, we cannot just leave work to defend EVERY DAY, maybe another compromise for this could be reached?

Otherwise, good work on a great game and thanks for this celebratory server. Keep up the good work. smile

I would suggest to use it as an advantage. Usually players who was able to take "night shifts" has been highly valued as a team members. (Night raids was always favourite strategy)
So either you can create aliance that will operate in different time zone and take initiative when most of the enemies are afk or you can join "europe time-zone" aliance and be the mvp that will stay on guard when others can't.

If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... I am become Death, the Shatterer of Worlds.

Re: Celebration server CHANGELOG

LujzianLutta wrote:
canuck88 wrote:

Sounds good. I know I brought this up before, but I think that there is a distinct disadvantage that you start the server in the middle of the day for us North Americans. I understand your point that a few hours do not matter for player rankings, but the argument remains that Czech alliances will have first pick of cities while we will be regulated to unfavorable spots on the map by the time we can get on the game. Perhaps we can have a compromise that will change the time the server starts to a bit later, at least for future servers since it is an advantage for them.

In addition, the fact that the GSA daily happens at the same time everyday inconveniences us as well, we cannot just leave work to defend EVERY DAY, maybe another compromise for this could be reached?

Otherwise, good work on a great game and thanks for this celebratory server. Keep up the good work. smile

We will think about it, if there will play 5 active North American alliances wink Now ratio of active Europeans and Americans is 10:1 I will say, so there is no reason to do it at this very moment wink

Ok, fair enough. But what I am saying is compromise. Make it a bit earlier so we can get on and claim cities, and it is afternoon for the Europeans. It is a win-win. big_smile

Re: Celebration server CHANGELOG

Freshmeat wrote:
canuck88 wrote:

Sounds good. I know I brought this up before, but I think that there is a distinct disadvantage that you start the server in the middle of the day for us North Americans. I understand your point that a few hours do not matter for player rankings, but the argument remains that Czech alliances will have first pick of cities while we will be regulated to unfavorable spots on the map by the time we can get on the game. Perhaps we can have a compromise that will change the time the server starts to a bit later, at least for future servers since it is an advantage for them.

In addition, the fact that the GSA daily happens at the same time everyday inconveniences us as well, we cannot just leave work to defend EVERY DAY, maybe another compromise for this could be reached?

Otherwise, good work on a great game and thanks for this celebratory server. Keep up the good work. smile

I would suggest to use it as an advantage. Usually players who was able to take "night shifts" has been highly valued as a team members. (Night raids was always favourite strategy)
So either you can create aliance that will operate in different time zone and take initiative when most of the enemies are afk or you can join "europe time-zone" aliance and be the mvp that will stay on guard when others can't.

I agree with that, it is a benefit. I realize now that you want more fighting next server wink With more cities, players will be much closer to each other, and that produces friction and war will break out very early. big_smile