Topic: What is Cash Converters doing that requires so many Software Developer

When you hear Cash Converters you probably think the same thing I did before I joined the company over 5 years ago. You think second-hand goods and personal loans. And I get it. You drive by a Cash Converters store with its iconic logo and paint job, and you see all the ‘stuff’ they sell. Then you may have noticed all the ads on TV to ‘Get it sorted’.

But why would we need software developers?

Easy; We build and maintain all our own software. That’s right, all our software was written from the ground up. And with the technology road map laid out, we are set to grow and grow.

Let’s look at some examples.

If you walk into a Cash Converters store and buy something, then the person behind the counter is using our own bespoke Point of Sale software.

If you were to sell something to Cash Converters, that deal is written up on our own software.

The inventory management, warehousing, auditing and finance reporting…all our own software.

Did I mention that we wrote and maintain an item valuation tool and an eCommerce site? No? I’ll have to do a separate write up as it is a big topic on its own.cash converters

And that is not even half of our business. Our personal finance software, including the online loan origination,  MyLoans App (available on Google Play and Apple App Store) and loan management were written by Cash Converters Software Developers.

So if you are a software developer, reading this and wonder  “what can Cash Converters offer me?”.

We constantly spin up new technology projects to help the business grow. If you are a C# full stack developer, then we have something for you. Do you know how to write apps and integrate with back-end services or if you just like writing those back-end services, then we have something for you.

As an example, I’m looking for someone right now that is proficient in C# to help integrate Australia’s biggest seconds hand dealer’s bespoke software with one of the world’s largest online eCommerce platforms – eBay! A project where you’ll end up have bragging rights to over 300,000 items listed and synchronised automatically because of the work you’ve done.

The above is but an example of what we do. We need testers and developers. We are also actively taking on graduate testers. But more on our graduate program in a different piece.

I’m happy to answer questions about my time at the company and how we work. However, I do encourage you the developer to give our numerous ads a good read and contact our various recruitment partners we work with.