Topic: Struck with Dry Texting? How to Understand the Hidden Meaning!

You probably heard of the phrase “dry texting.” I certainly have and have even experienced it both ways.
Let me just tell you that it is not that the most pleasant thing, to say the least. It sucks when you are at the receiving end of it.
It feels slightly mean to be the one giving it. But that is just me.
I am used to peppering my texts with exclamation points, smileys, and long sentences.
Okay, maybe the person on the other side may have started to get bored with those. So, they send a dry text.
Dry texting happens when someone just decides to message you with “okay,” “uhuh,” or the ever-formal, “yes,” or “no.”
I get even more upset when these one-word responses come with a period in the end. It’s like the person is directly telling you that, “I have the time to add that extra punctuation, but not to make you feel okay about my answers.”

How do you know it is dry texting?

I mean, what if this guy or girl just happens to be awkward? I have been there. I was not quite sure what I would say. So, here are some questions you must ask yourself:
1. Is it part of his/her personality?
2. Did something change?
3. Were there any variations in length and warmth?
4. Who initiated the messages?

What should you do if the dry texting continues?

if a person cannot be bothered to give you time, you should not tolerate it.
Everyone deserves a proper conversation. Yes, there will be times when you will get one-word responses, but there should be more on other days.
It cannot go on.
How you deal with it has something to do with just how much you want that person in your life. If you think something else is up, confront the person.
An old friend or lover who turned cold should provide an explanation. You deserve that, for sure.
However, if this is a new guy or girl just scoping you out and letting you pounce on that dangling cheese, run away quickly.

Source : https://lemetropolelille.com/dry-texting/