Topic: vintage

In my never ending adventure to find a timeless, well-made polo that will last me years I've just sampled the offerings at a Lacoste shirts store.

The store's (excellent) staff guided me to try on a selection of shirts, all which fit me quite horribly. I am 6'2", 185lbs, athletic/slim build. All of these shirts were terribly baggy and/or far, FAR too wide in the torso. Sizing down to a 4 or 5 gave me the proper fit in the shoulders and chest but the shirts were laughably short in these sizes as the tails barely cleared my waistline.

The staff directed me to try on some "vintage" polos which were slightly more fitted but the color selection was disappointing in this line.

After giving up on the fit of the shirts, I expressed my disappointment to the very friendly store manager who confided in me that she has received many similar complaints since this particular store opened last Fall.

Now I come to people of this forum...hopefully to guys who aren't short/fat/both. Where can we get a nice conservative polo that is made for a "regular" bodytype? I have no problem finding jeans, shirts, jackets that fit me well but polos seem impossible to find. Budget is $100 ea.

Thanks!