Topic: The volunteers using 'honeypot' groups to fight anti-vax propaganda

The volunteers using 'honeypot' groups to fight anti-vax propaganda

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1482E/production/_118441048_gettyimages-1228717299.jpg

In a policy shift, Facebook is ทางเข้า slotxo now removing groups and pages that discourage people from getting vaccines. As social media giants grapple with the anti-vaccine movement, Marianna Spring meets the everyday citizens battling conspiracy theories in their spare time.

The banner image shows a Photoshopped picture of Bill Gates with a crazed expression holding a needle decorated with a skull and crossbones. It looks like a Facebook group promoting anti-vaccine conspiracy theories.

But this group actually has very different intentions.

Richard is a builder, a trainee psychologist - and one half of the duo behind the decoy group. He says he aims not to spread bad information but rather to help people attracted to conspiracy theories.

His friend Dave (not his real name; we've agreed to give him a pseudonym because he fears abuse from anti-vaccine activists) believed in conspiracy theories for the best part of 20 years.

"If I was to actually create a group saying, 'I'm going to re-educate you'... then I'm not going to get any takers," he says.

"So I have to do it in a stealth way, which is a bit underhanded, I suppose. But the intentions are good."

The group's name references Bill Gates and completely unfounded conspiracy theories that the Microsoft founder is plotting to kill millions of people and control them with implanted microchips. And once people are drawn in, the two moderators try to reason with them, to bring them back to reality.

Richard and Dave are just two of the dozens of volunteers the BBC has spoken to who are combating online misinformation about vaccines. But are they doing work that should be Facebook's responsibility?

Re: The volunteers using 'honeypot' groups to fight anti-vax propaganda

I discovered your this post while hunting down some related data on site search...Its a decent post..keep posting and upgrade the data.     minecraft code

I am extremely delighted in for this web journal. Its a useful subject. It help me all that much to take care of a few issues. Its chance are so awesome and working style so fast.     click here

ABRAND aims to establish a decentralized shared value e-commerce ecosystem for digital marketing to enable vibrant social-media communities.    Influencer marketing

Thank you for the update, very nice site..    read more

I truly like you're composing style, incredible data, thankyou for posting.     kitchen garbage bags

I am all that much satisfied with the substance you have said. I needed to thank you for this extraordinary article.     plastic extrusion

I think this is an enlightening post and it is extremely valuable and proficient. along these lines, I might want to thank you for the endeavors you have made in composing this article.     dish drainer

Much obliged for your understanding for your phenomenal posting. I'm happy I have set aside an ideal opportunity to see this.     Munchkin Kittens to adopt

I am extremely glad to find your post as it will get to be on top in my accumulation of most loved online journals to visit.     halsband

I've been hunting down some respectable stuff on the subject and haven't had any fortunes up until this point, You just got another greatest fan!..     Hiyaalifestyle.com

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post.     먹튀검증사이트

That is really nice to hear. thank you for the update and good luck.    mobile mechanic williams

This is a really decent site post. Not very numerous individuals would really, the way you simply did. I am truly awed that there is such a great amount of data about this subject have been revealed and you've given a valiant effort, with so much class. In the event that needed to know more about green smoke audits, than by all methods come in and check our stuff.     olejki cbd

I as of late discovered numerous helpful data in your site particularly this website page. Among the heaps of remarks on your articles. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing.     UKAS registered laboratories

I simply discovered this online journal and have high trusts in it to proceed. Keep up the considerable work, its elusive great ones. I have added to my top picks. Much obliged to You.     Sales Funnel