Topic: What Is Mental Health? Is It Your Fault? Can I Recover?

What is Mental Health?:

Perhaps there is no clear-cut absolute definition, but of course many thorough descriptions are available through well-known and reputable web sites. A general description could be that mental health involves a broad range of medical illnesses that have symptoms involving disorders of thought, feeling and behaviour, and/or impairment in functioning in relation to a social, psychological, genetic, chemical or biological disturbance.

While thinking of mental health, many people will immediately recognise disorders/ illnesses such as depression, schizophrenia, bi-polar, and other disorders such as dementia. But of course there are hundreds of different disorders (including the more serious illnesses) as listed in the DSM4.

There are particular theories which believe that mental health (disorders etc.) is not a brain/chemical based means of contributing to (or even partly the cause of) disorders in general. Others certainly do recognise mental disorders or illnesses as having some biological element or similar contributions (chemical etc.), which strongly relates to any given mental health diagnosis. Others may interpret mental health as being mentally 'healthy'. Whatever any particular theories may suggest and without delving into scientific reasoning and the like, mental health can be interpreted as maintaining or striving to improve mental, cognitive and emotional well-being and maintaining homeostasis (or balanced well-being).

Whatever the exact actual causes or reasons may be, mental health issues are a very real and relevant topic of concern in our society and indeed in all of man-kind. Many people nowadays do perceive mental health disorders as genuine medical disorders. Perhaps we could look at mental health (disorders/ illnesses) as being mentally unwell, or maybe not having any clinical diagnosis as being seen more as 'mentally well', but I personally like a theory which suggests that mental 'health' or 'illness' are not complete opposites. It covers a much broader area than just not having any given diagnosis.

So, regardless of varying definitions and beliefs, it may be useful to look at ideas from different angles, but one may assume that we would generally agree that mental health is a very in-depth field, and the reality is that many people do have a clinical diagnosis.

Mental Illness- It's Not Your Fault:

From my own point of view, I remember when I was first diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (later to become severe), it was a relief to be told that it was not my fault. My brother who is a doctor told me this, and coming from a professional, I felt quite relieved in that I knew that I was not responsible for being born with a biochemical imbalance.

There are theories that state that situational or circumstantial elements can lead to a disorder such as depression. Many argue though that in many or even all cases of a mental health disorder (such as depression), numerous elements may contribute to the cause. However, in disorders (whether it is OCD, depression, dementia, schizophrenia or practically any disorder or illness) there is quite proven medical evidence that there are biological or neurobiological contributions or causes in relation to mental illness.

So, by no means is acquiring a disorder anybody's fault, and certainly not yours if you are battling with a psychiatric problem.

Prognosis of Recovery:

What are the chances of recovering? What disorders or illnesses have a better prognosis? What about chances of relapse? How long might it take to feel 'normal' again? These are some common questions yet none of them have a simple answer. To put it briefly, some disorders are recognised as having a better success rate in the recovery of ill health than others. Illnesses such as Paranoid Schizophrenia are regarded as serious conditions and generally do not have as high of a success or recovery rate of say someone battling Depression (Ref. PEMH). Generally, Depression is regarded as treatable and having a very good prognosis whereas other illnesses such as Schizophrenia have estimations as high as one third of sufferers who remain unwell, therefore the prognosis of recovery with particular illnesses such as this have a lower rate in the expectation of reduced symptoms or recovery (Ref. PEMH). Recovery may include several factors, not only including the diagnosis itself, but also including other inter-twined theories of causes of psychiatric problems such as the debate of nature versus nurture. Also, some people appear to recover, only to find themselves relapsing, whereas others may be in remission and cope quite well for long periods of time or perhaps the rest of their lives. Generally though, different diagnosed conditions have varying prognostication.

2 (edited by fekkabidru 2020-11-18 16:50:47)

Re: What Is Mental Health? Is It Your Fault? Can I Recover?

Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks    Manhattan

You devoted all your time and efforts to develop and perfect this product or service or service and you are now ready to share it to the world.   https://muktipolis.com/

Extensively, now this article is truly the best using this crucial subject matter. My spouse and i harmonise collectively findings and tend to thirstily expect to be your primary one way upgrades. Explaining kudos won’t only always be an adequate amount of, on your wonderful purity inside your crafting articles. For certain i will easily catch an individual’s feed maintain up to date of the the latest. Enlightening job and far becoming successful for your small business trades! Please justification the actual deficient Everyday terms currently far from a few initial language.    Seo

This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs…    Webdesign

We have sell some products of different custom boxes.it is very useful and very low price please visits this site thanks and please share this post with your friends.    Seo

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free.    Lead generation

This is a great inspiring article.I am pretty much pleased with your good work.You put really very helpful information. Keep it up. Keep blogging. Looking to reading your next post.    Lead generation

Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks    Leadgeneratie

Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include.    Seo

I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.    Seo

Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job.    Leads genereren

i read a lot of stuff and i found that the way of writing to clearifing that exactly want to say was very good so i am impressed and ilike to come again in future..     Seo optimalisatie

I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us.    Seo no cure no pay

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. If possible, such as gain knowledge, would you mind updating your blog with additional information? It is very useful for me.    Lead generation

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post.    Seo leads

This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives indepth information. Thanks for this nice article.    Webdesign

No doubt this is an excellent post I got a lot of knowledge after reading good luck. Theme of blog is excellent there is almost everything to read, Brilliant post.    Seo leadgeneration

I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well.    Reiki ontspanningsmassage

I was reading your article and wondered if you had considered creating an ebook on this subject.  Your writing would sell it fast.  You have a lot of writing talent.    Seo leads

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very well written article. I’ll be sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely return.    Lead generation

Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site smile. We could have a hyperlink change contract between us!    Webdesign

Keep up the good  work , I read few posts  on this  web site  and I  conceive that your blog  is very   interesting and has   sets  of  fantastic   information.    Webdesign

The customer shouldn't have move through more than 3 pages to finish their transaction. If the checkout process is longer than this - they will leave!   https://educationisaround.com/carboxyl-group/

That's great. I was impressed by your writing. I am happy to see such a topic. Please come to my blog and read it.
  https://totolighter.com/