Topic: Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Parts 1 & 2 Are Heading To Netflix This June

Sailor Moon Eternal Movie Parts 1 & 2 Are Heading To Netflix This June

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E0BBeRVUYAARQxk.jpg

Sailor Moon fans can look forward to an official release for the Sailor Scout's latest movie very soon.

Before One Piece, before Cowboy Bebop, there was Sailor Moon, fighting evil by moonlight and winning love by daylight. Now, the famous Sailor Scout's latest movie, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal, is heading to Netflix, the streamer announced today.

Released this winter in Japan, Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal Parts 1 & 2 will be added to Netflix globally--outside of Japan--on June 3, Netflix says.

"Like so many others around the world, I trace my love for anime back to watching [Sailor Moon] when I was a toddler--pictures of me in Usagi's Bun Head have become a family treasure. It's no surprise that these characters and tales about love and justice still touch the hearts of so many fans around the world,” said Ema Hirayama, Manager of Content Acquisition at Netflix in an official statement. "It's a dream come true for all of us at Netflix to have Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal The Movie join our expansive anime slate and to share this incredible story with fans around the world."

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Eternal has Usagi and Chibi-Usa battling a group called the Dead Moon Circus, which aims to spread nightmare spirits across the world, obtain the Legendary Silver Crystal, and rule Earth. Of course, Sailor Moon and the Super Sailor Scouts are there to stop them.

This two-part film is a direct continuation of the Sailor Moon Crystal anime, which ran for 39 episodes across three seasons from 2014 to 2016. Sailor Moon debuted as a manga in 1991, and then ran as a hit anime for 200 episodes airing between 1992 and 1997. The 2014 anime, Sailor Moon Crystal, acted as a more accurate adaptation of the original manga story. pg