Topic: Tokyo Olympics: WHO chief Dr Tedros backs Games as Chilean taekwondo a

Tokyo Olympics: WHO chief Dr Tedros backs Games as Chilean taekwondo athlete tests positive

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/800/cpsprodpb/115EF/production/_119515117_gettyimages-1234083211.jpg

Head of the World Health Organization (WHO) Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus has slotxo ใหม่ล่าสุด backed the staging of the Tokyo Olympics.

It comes as Chilean taekwondo athlete Fernanda Aguirre became the first Olympian to be ruled out of action.

Dr Tedros told International Olympic Committee (IOC) members that the Games should go ahead to show what can be done with the correct Covid safeguards.

"There's no zero risk in life; there is only more risk or less risk," he said.

"The mark of success in the coming fortnight is not zero cases, and I know that some cases have already been detected.

"The mark of success is making sure that any cases are identified, isolated, traced and cared for as quickly as possible, and onward transmission is interrupted. That is the mark of success for every country.

"The Olympics have the power to bring the world together, to inspire, to show what's possible.

"It is my sincere hope the Tokyo Games succeed."

Aguirre, 21, was due to make her Olympic taekwondo debut having won 57kg bronze at the 2019 Pan American Games, but she tested positive in Tokyo and the quarantine rules her out of her competition on Sunday.

Shortly afterwards, Dutch officials announced that skateboarder Candy Jacobs had been ruled out of the Games after testing positive for Covid in the athletes' village.

The 31-year-old was due to compete in the women's street event on Monday.

She told Dutch media: "I'm devastated. We were ready for the Games, I feel fit and now it's over."

Re: Tokyo Olympics: WHO chief Dr Tedros backs Games as Chilean taekwondo a

The information you provide is quite beneficial to me. I'm hoping you'll continue to supply useful information. If you are looking for an attractive online game, then a cookie clicker is a perfect choice. Try your hand at conquering endless items in this cookie clicker game. Referring to idle games, one of the highlights of this game genre is to give users great development directions through useful help tools.