Topic: The Maori may have discovered Antarctica 1,300 years before European e

https://www.img.in.th/images/7471a73ab563bf3441938912ddcd2061.jpg

Maori people, who are the indigenous  SLOTXO people of New Zealand. They may be the first humans to discover Antarctica. The southernmost and coldest land in the world. before European explorers could trace it 1,300 years later.

New Zealand's research team in history, biology and conservation, led by Dr Priscilla Wehi of the University of Waikato, presented a recent study in the Journal of the Royal Society of New Zealand (JRSNZ). Maori may have sailed the waters of the Southern Ocean. and was the first to see the coastline of Antarctica. Since the 7th century

Evidence pointing to such a possibility It comes from the collection of oral history information that has been passed down from generation to generation. including gray literature, which the academic community has not given importance to in the past. Equals the official record of European exploration of Antarctica over the past 200 years.

The legend of some Maori ancestors describes Hui Te Rangiora, a Polynesian hero and leader of sea exploration. They traveled farther south than the Maori lands until they encountered the "sea of powder" (Te tai-uka-a-pia), a term they used to describe snowy waters and sheets. white ice It looks like the flesh of an arrowroot that can be scraped off and eaten.

Re: The Maori may have discovered Antarctica 1,300 years before European e

I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I feel strongly that love and read more on this topic. I have spent a lot of my spare time reading your content. Thank you a lot.
play solitaire

Re: The Maori may have discovered Antarctica 1,300 years before European e

Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work.    คาสิโน