Topic: What do young voters think of Merkel?

What do young voters think of Merkel?

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/624/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2021/9/26/7609bc72-3fee-4cc8-9b3d-fec1c0ddf9b9.jpg

“She brought a lot of stability, she was like a rock,” says 18-year-old student Laura of the outgoing chancellor.

maximum bet It can be done only slotxo when we think that the betting round we will be the winner. as before, very consecutively

Angela Merkel is still a very popular leader, but when a government does eventually get formed, she will leave German politics for good.

“But especially when it comes to giving young people a voice, they really missed their shot. She didn’t prepare this country for change.”

In all, 14% of voters are under 30, but an estimated 38% are 60 or over. Tackling the climate crisis is key for “Generation Merkel” - some of whom can't remember another chancellor - and the Greens are most popular for 18- to 29-year-olds.

“Germany should care less about making money and instead look after future generations. We should be an example for other countries,” says Rebecca, 23, from Berlin.

Marion Wenzel’s home was ravaged by the summer floods in Ahrweiler. “I’m so busy with rebuilding I didn’t have any time for the parties’ programmes.Our biggest task is to have a clear way for the future.”

Blogger Diana zur Löwen, 26, is worried that not enough will change: “We have to tackle digitisation and optimise education. I’m not sure if all the parties have a good programme for that. Young people are not really the main focus.”