Topic: buy used MacBook pro

I wanted another MacBook Pro and because of my spending plan, I might want to buy a used one. I chiefly need it for common office work and furthermore for music production (Ableton Live and Logic, and so on) Initially, somebody told me, that I should buy one with an i7 and ideally a Retina show (16GB RAM and SSD ideal). My spending plan is restricted to €900, however it doesn't hurt when it's less expensive.

Another companion told me, that I ought to go with a non Retina one on the grounds that there I can in any case change parts like RAM all alone. This is unimaginable any longer with the Retina MBPs. So I did one more round of searches at a nearby (Austrian) site where a great many people offer used equipment and tracked down the accompanying MBP for just €530:

My inquiries are:

1) The PC above is actually quite modest (essentially it appears to be modest to me). Is there anything I miss?

2) Initially I was suspicious about the (Mid) 2012 models since they as of now have ~8 years on their shoulders, so perhaps not the best plan to buy used MacBook pro? Any experience from others who bought used (Mid) 2012 models?

3) Or would it be a good idea for me to go for something much more up-to-date?